How To Hire And Work With A Plumber During The Covid-19 Pandemic
Your plumbing problems and issues aren't going to stop just because the world is under a lockdown due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. But at the same time, many homeowners may be anxious about having servicemen / servicewomen come into their homes.
So, let's go over some information on how to best protect yourself and your family when you need to hire a plumber during this covid-19 pandemic. These are the practices that we, at Atlantis Plumbing in Georgia are implementing for ourselves and our customers.
Ask What Precautions Are Being Taken
Most businesses these days are posting on their websites the precautions and extra steps that they are taking to conduct business during these restrictive times. Here at Atlantis Plumbing we have done that as well and you can read them here.
So, when you are looking to hire a plumber (or any other service) you should see that information on their websites.
But if you do not and you are still considering hiring them - don't be afraid to pick up the phone and call them to ask what precautions they are taking during this time. They should be following the recommendations by the CDC and the WHO which generally are...
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance.
- Avoid physical contact (i.e. no handshaking).
- Gloves, masks and shoe covers should be worn by the plumber.
- Plumbers should carry hand sanitzers with them at all times.
- Conversation should be kept to a minimum - focus simply on what has to be said.
- Employees and customers who are ill should cancel and reschedule their appointments for a later time.
Questions To Ask To Protect Yourself
The types of questions you should be asking of the plumber or other service company you are looking to hire are...
- Has anyone in your team been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks?
- What procedures are you using to monitor the health of your team?
- Has anyone in your company tested positive for Covid-19?
- Can I make my payments online or over the phone to avoid contact with paperwork or equipment?
- What protective equipment are you providing your team?
- What can I expect your plumber (serviceman) to do when he/she arrives to my home?
Check For Licensure
With or without Covid-19 in our lives, when a professional plumber is hired it is very important to ensure that they are properly licensed.
Not only might you be putting your health at risk if they do not follow the recommended guidelines but you may end up paying alot more for the possible damage that they may be causing simply because they are not properly vetted and licensed.
Online Reviews May Help You Hire The Right Plumber
Many businesses these days are very pro-active in asking for and obtaining online reviews from their customers - it's an important part of not only promoting the business but helping others to trust your company.
Many companies rely on Yelp and Google Reviews for this service and we would recommend that you look at those when considering hiring a plumbing company or any other type of service for your home or business.
If you have any questions about our services during the Covid-19 pandemic call Atlantis Plumbing today at 770-443-8229. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.